Beyond the Street (BTS) Workshop
In the Beyond the Street workshop, new and aspiring supervisors learn how to think and act like leaders. Participants master essential management skills, from working effectively with different generations in the workforce and handling conflict to building trust with peers, bosses and colleagues from other agencies.
Beyond the Street is a two-day workshop, during which attendees learn critical skills for a new supervisor now overseeing personnel they once worked alongside. Through a mix of lectures, case studies and role-playing, participants receive an introduction to some of the challenges faced by field supervisors as well as strategies for navigating their role and earning the respect of the field staff they supervisor
Topics discussed in the course include:
- When to direct, when to coach and when to delegate
- Essential problem-solving skills
- Avoiding the endless to-do list and managing time effectively
- Successful ways to handle complaints and build customer satisfaction
- Navigating conflict
- Financial facts and strategies for front-line managers
- Taking your career to the next level
- And much, much more.
Beyond the Street workshop faculty have served as medics, supervisors and directors in a number of emergency services agencies. Core faculty for the course Jay Fitch, PhD, and Anthony Minge, EdD with guest faculty that lead major EMS agencies.
Interested in hosting a Beyond the Street workshop?
Contact Sharon Conroy at 816-431-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.